China’s Ministry of Transport rejected China National Petroleum Corp.’s (CNPC) proposed site for its 3 million tons per year Shenzhen liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminal, according to a recent report in the 21st Century Business Herald.
UGI Energy Services Inc., the midstream and energy marketing subsidiary of UGI Corp. of Valley Forge, Pa., has entered an agreement with Citrus Energy Corp. to gather by pipeline Marcellus shale gas produced by Citrus in Wyoming County, Pennsylvania, for delivery to Tennessee Gas Pipeline Co.'s interstate pipeline in Susquehanna County.
DCP Midstream Partners LP and Eureka Hunter Pipeline LLC, a subsidiary of Magnum Hunter Resources Corp. signed a letter of intent to a natural gas gathering joint venture (JV) in West Virginia and Ohio.
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) approved Cheniere Energy Partners’ plan to convert its Sabine Pass liquefied natural gas (LNG) receiving and gasification terminal in Cameron Parish, Louisiana into a liquefaction terminal in order to export up to 16 million metric tons per year of LNG produced in the United States to foreign countries for a 30-year period.
ONEOK Partners LP sold a 49% interest in Overland Pass Pipeline Company LLC to Williams Partners LP for US$424 million, making ONEOK and Williams 50/50 partners in the company. Previously, ONEOK owned 99% of the company with the remaining 1% being held by Williams.
A gas transmission line, confirmed by local utility company Pacific Gas and Electric to have ruptured, caused a massive fire in a suburb of San Bruno, Calif., on September 9, killing four people and destroying 50 homes. In addition, there are still four people still reported as missing.
Nabucco Gas Pipeline International GmbH, the international consortium overseeing the US$10 billion Nabucco pipeline that will deliver natural gas from Turkey into Western Europe, announced they had signed an agreement to begin due diligence to secure loans of up to €4 billion (US$5.1 billion) from the European Investment Bank, European Bank for Reconstruction & Development, and the World Bank’s International Finance Corp.
On Sept.1, 2010, Enterprise Products Partners LP announced that its operating subsidiaries have entered into long-term agreements with Eagle Ford shale producer, EOG Resources Inc. to provide a comprehensive package of midstream energy services that will service EOG's growing crude oil and associated liquids-rich gas production.
Iranian natural gas flows to Turkey were halted after an explosion. It could take up to a week to resume normal operations after repairs are completed, officials at Turkish pipeline operator Botas said.